David Cook has been an Inspector in the Barrie and surrounding areas since 2005. With over 4,000 inspections in the Barrie, Georgian Triangle, Orillia as well as New Tecumseh areas, he has accumulated an excellent reputation as a qualified and knowledgeable Inspector.
David pursued and obtained his RHI designation (currently the only designation with Government recognition in Ontario) in 2008 and has continued to not only further educate himself, but also work with, and encourage other Inspectors to obtain as much education in this field as possible. In this area he served for three years on the Education Committee of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI).
David has also served on the Board of Directors of the OAHI for four years.
David also chairs the Disciplinary Committee of the same Association.
David Cook’s Qualifications:
- 3 years on the OAHI Education Committee
- 3 years on the OAHI Board of Directors
- 3 years on the OAHI Disciplinary Committee
- Registered Home Inspector (RHI) member of OAHI
- 25 years in the construction industry
- Certified mason – SAIT Calgary
- Building contractor for 20 years
- Renovated 100 year old houses
- WETT certified for solid fuel burning appliances
- Completed Wood Burning Appliances to upgrade WETT certification
- Certified Home Inspector
- Errors and Omissions Insurance (Known as E&O Insurance)
- Ongoing courses at Georgian and Humber College for other Home Inspector Certifications
- Completed Introduction to Home Inspection Course
- Completed Electrical Inspection for Home Inspection Course
- Completed Plumbing For Home Inspection Course
- Completed Municipal Affairs Part Nine – The House – Health and Safety Course
- Completed Municipal Affairs Part Nine – The House Building Envelope
- Completed OAHI Defect Recognition and Reporting course
- Ongoing courses with NACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors )
- Completed courses for “New Construction” certification
- NEHA-NRPP Radon Testing Certified
- Nine years as full time inspecting.
- Over 4,000 inspections.